Street Parking is Restricted from November 1 to the Following March 31
So as to provide access to snow plows for snow removal, it is unlawful for any person to park or allow to remain parked any vehicle upon streets from November 1 to the following March 31 upon said streets when:
- Snow is falling or there is a visible amount of snow on the street;
- The street has not been plowed since the snow fell (City Code 5-2-5: Parking Regulations).
In addition, it is unlawful for any person to park or allow to remain parked any vehicle upon streets from November 1 to the following March 31 from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. or during snow/ice removal (Ordinance 8-5-2008A).
Exceptions to these requirements include the following:
- The temporary parking of vehicles for a reasonably short period of time, not to exceed twelve (12) hours, to accommodate loading or unloading or the performance of service;
- Construction, contracting or earth-moving equipment that is otherwise classified as commercial vehicles may be temporarily parked on streets, provided the vehicles are actively being used for construction activities on the specific property where the vehicles are being parked;
- Emergency vehicles (City Code 5-2-5: Parking Regulations).
Impounding and Removing Vehicles
While the City of Cedar Hills does not have a policy of impounding vehicles, if a snow emergency is in effect and/or a vehicle is in violation of the ordinance, your vehicle may be ticketed and turned over to the police for further action.
When any police officer finds a vehicle standing upon a City street, such officer is authorized to require the driver or other person in charge of the vehicle to remove the vehicle to a position in compliance with the ordinance. When any police officer finds a vehicle unattended upon any street or City-owned parking lot in violation of any parking regulation, such officer is authorized to ticket the vehicle and request further action if not removed within the designated time frame. If removal is necessary and/or a charge is placed against the vehicle for cost of removal or storage by anyone called upon to assist with removal, it shall be paid prior to removal from such place of storage or safekeeping.
Download the Parking Citation Appeal Form.