Garbage and recycle toters should be at curbside by no later than 7:00am, holidays included. You may put your cans our the night before.
- Service for areas SOUTH of Cedar Hills Drive is THURSDAY.
- Service for areas NORTH of Cedar Hills Drive is FRIDAY.
Garbage service costs:
$11.40 per month for one garbage toter and $9.42 per month for each additional toter.
Recycling service costs:
$9.59 per month for one recycle toter and $7.89 per month for each additional toter.
Charges for garbage (and recycling) appear in the monthly water bill from the city. Additional toters should be kept for a minimum of six months.
Observed Holiday Pick-up Schedule 2023
In 2023 there will be a one-day delay in garbage and recycling pickup services on the following observed holidays:
- Memorial Day – May 29th – Thursday and Friday pickups will be delayed a day.
- Independence Day – July 4th – Thursday and Friday pickups will be delayed a day.
- Labor Day – September 4th – Thursday and Friday pickups will be delayed a day.
- Thanksgiving – November 23rd – Thursday and Friday pickups will be delayed a day.
- Christmas – December 25th – Thursday and Friday pickups will be delayed a day.
If you have been missed for pick up, (if your can was out ON TIME and somehow got skipped) please call the Waste Management complaint line at 801-785-3000. They will NOT return for late cans or forgotten trash days.
For toter repairs or replacements, please contact Tylyn Carlson at the city office. 801-785-9668, ext. 400
New residents can complete the Utility Application Form online or download the form and return the completed application to the city office. This application includes the request for water, sewer, garbage, curbside recycling, and pressurized irrigation services. A $50 set-up fee, payable with cash, card, or check, is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I do if my garbage toter or recycling bin are broken or stolen?
A: If you have any problems with your toters, such as a broken wheel, etc., please call the city office to order a repair or replacement. If a toter is stolen, call the American Fork police station (801-763-3020, ext. 1) for a case number and then call the city to order a replacement. There is no charge to the resident for replacements or repairs.
Q: Are the charges for reycling and garbage included in the monthly water statement from the city?