Observed Holiday Pick-up Schedule
In 2019 there will be a one-day delay in garbage and recycling pickup services on the following observed holidays:
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1 (affects Friday pickups)
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 27 (affects Monday & Friday pickups)
- Independence Day, Thursday, July 4 (affects Friday pickup)
- Labor Day, Monday, September 2 (affects Monday & Friday pickups)
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28 (affects Friday pickup)
- Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25 (affects Friday pickup)
- New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1, 2019 (affects Friday pickup)
Garbage service costs $10.99 per month for one garbage toter and $10.99 per month for each additional toter. Charges for garbage (and recycling) appear in the monthly water bill from the city. Additional toters should be kept for a minimum of six months.
- Garbage toters should be at curbside by 7:00 a.m., holidays included.
- Service for areas SOUTH of Cedar Hills Drive is MONDAY.
- Service for areas NORTH of Cedar Hills Drive is FRIDAY.
Click here to view the 2019 recycling calendar.
If you have been missed for pick up, please call the Cedar Hills city office at 801-785-9668, ext. 100.
For general questions or for toter repairs or replacements, please contact the city office at 801-785-9668, ext. 100, or contact the Front Desk.
Holiday Pick-Up Schedule
If a scheduled collection day falls on or after a holiday in any given week, collection MAY be delayed one day for the week. The standard holidays that may affect collection are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. For specific holiday pick up schedules, please refer to the City Calendar on this site or contact the city’s front desk.
New residents can complete the Utility Application Form online or download the form and return the completed application to the city office. This application includes the request for water, sewer, garbage, curbside recycling, and pressurized irrigation services. A $50 set-up fee, payable with cash, card, or check, is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I do if my garbage toter or recycling bin are broken or stolen?
A: If you have any problems with your toters, such as a broken wheel, etc., please call the city office to order a repair or replacement. If a toter is stolen, call the American Fork police station (801-763-3020, ext. 1) for a case number and then call the city to order a replacement. There is no charge to the resident for replacements or repairs.
Q: Are the charges for reycling and garbage included in the monthly water statement from the city?