NOTICE: Cedar Hills does not have a public library. For a fee, libraries located in nearby communities will issue non-resident library cards. Some of these libraries include:
Pleasant Grove City Library
30 E Center Street
Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062
American Fork City Library
64 South 100 East
American Fork, Utah 84003
Highland City Library
5400 W Civic Center Dr, Suite 2
Highland, Utah 84003
Orem City Library
58 N. State Street
Orem, Utah 84057
Library Fee Reimbursement
Households purchasing a non-resident library card may come to the City of Cedar Hills office to receive reimbursement for the actual fee or up to $40 of the total amount. Just bring the original library receipt showing the fee paid. One reimbursement is allowed per household, per year.
North Utah County Library Cooperative
The cities of American Fork, Eagle Mountain, Highland, Lehi , Saratoga Springs, and Pleasant Grove have agreed to participate in a reciprocal borrowing system, which allows library card holders at any of the cooperating libraries to check out materials from all six libraries. This is not a county library system. Library borrowers are encouraged to search for needed materials at their home library before searching the other libraries’ online catalogs. Each library will continue to function as it currently does in terms of policies, budget, administration, non-resident card fees, etc.
Policies & Procedures for the North Utah County Library Cooperative (NUCLC)
- Cedar Hills residents must have a valid library card from Pleasant Grove, American Fork, Lehi, or Eagle Mountain libraries to participate. (Due to their size, Highland and Saratoga Springs are currently partial members of the cooperative, and as such their cards do not qualify patrons access to the system. Highland and Saratoga Springs patrons must also purchase a non-resident card for half price from the Pleasant Grove, American Fork, Lehi, or Eagle Mountain libraries to participate.)
- The library card must be presented at the time of borrowing an item.
- The card entitles the patron to borrow items only. Participating in programs is excluded in the agreement.
- All policies and procedures of the lending library are valid, and the patron must abide by said policies and will be responsible for any incurred charges.
- All items must be returned to the lending library according to the date due.
- Requests (holds) made to a library other than the home library will not be honored. The intent is to allow card holders of each library first access to the materials at that library.
Utah County Mobile Library - Bookmobile
Beginning Monday, January 12, 2015, the Utah County Bookmobile will be coming to Cedar Hills. It will be here every other Monday from 1:00 to 2:30 and will be parked at the LDS church located at the roundabout behind Walmart. This service is offered at no cost to the city or its residents. To obtain a bookmobile library card you can fill out a request card before January 12 by visiting the Cedar Hills city offices, or you may obtain one directly from the bookmobile when it is in Cedar Hills.
The bookmobile has access to approximately 25,000 items and carries about 5,000 on the truck. These include picture books, fiction and non-fiction for all ages, audiobooks, and DVD’s. They offer inter-library loan services, free wi-fi access, and laptops and iPads for customer use. Those with a bookmobile library card will also have access to the Utah Pioneer Online Library, which offers access to a virtual library complete with books, downloadable audiobooks, and access to premium research databases.
Visit Utah County Mobile Library to view their catalog and schedule, renew items, place holds, and use other free sources.