Submitted by Councilmember Jenney Rees
The following are actions taken by the Council in June:
- Appointed Denise Andersen to the City Council. She will finish Rob Crawley’s term, which ends at the end of the year.
- Awarded a contract to Ernie’s Sports Deli, who will now be the vendor at the grill in the community center.
- Certified the tax rate as provided by Utah County. The tax rate for the upcoming fiscal year will be .002024.
- Adopted the fiscal year 2018 budget.
- Provided notice to Lone Peak Public Safety of the intent to withdraw from the District after 24 months. The city has not determined to leave the District, but plans on requesting bids from other public safety departments, such as Utah County, American Fork, and Pleasant Grove. Once pro-posals have been received, the city will need to determine if it makes the most sense to stay with Lone Peak Public Safe-ty or change to a different provider. These discussions will be ongoing and will occur in Council meetings.
- Discussed adding a sewer line in Canyon Road for those residents who are currently on septic tanks. This will be an action item at the next Council meeting. Once the County makes improvements on Canyon Road, there will be a five year moratorium on installing any utilities in the road.